This dish is an excellent weekend treat and unlike the restaurant versions is low in fat but high in taste! You can always freeze any extra portions! Portions per serving – 3 x Proteins – 50 optional calories
- 720 g Chicken Breast Skinless
- Cooking Spray Oil
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Root Ginger Freshly Grated
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Clove Freshly Crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Dried Coriander
- 2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 4 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 158ml cans Rainbow Light Milk
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Coat a large wok with cooking spray and sauté chicken, garlic, onion and ginger until the pieces are nearly cooked.
- Add all the spices and combine with chicken for one minute.
- Add tomato paste and fold through the chicken.
- Blend cornflour with the light milk then add to the pan. Stir continuously mixing well until boiled.
- Serve with steamed brown basmati rice and salad.
- This recipe freezes well.