This classic cheesy recipe gets the Good Food makeover, resulting in a hearty yet healthy dish great for sharing with your mates 4 x protein ½ x carbohydrate 1 x vegetable ½ x fat 10 optional calories
- 2 480g in total skinless chicken breasts halved through the middle
- 2 eggs beaten
- 90g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 60g Parmesan, grated
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 690ml jar passata
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place the chicken breasts between cling film sheets and bash out with a rolling pin until they are the thickness of a coin. Dip in the egg, then breadcrumbs, mixed with half the Parmesan. Set aside on a plate in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Heat oil and cook garlic for 1 min, then tip in passata, and oregano. Season and simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Heat grill to High and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side, then remove. Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken. Scatter over the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan and grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling. Serve with vegetables or salad and some pasta or potatoes, if you like.