An excellent starter served with melba toast, a delicious sandwich filling or melt in to a baked potato. Portions per serving 1 ½ X Protein 10 optional calories
- 240g smoked mackerel fillet
- 240g low fat soft cheese
- 4 tablespoon low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 small cucumber peeled and chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- Remove any skin and bone from the mackerel, and place in a mixing bowl. Mash it well with a fork.
- Add the soft cheese to the fish and beat well. Mix in the yoghurt, cucumber, paprika, lemon juice and parsley. Season.
- Spoon the fish paté into a serving dish and chill for 30 minutes or more before serving.